Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Salem police ask for public's help after lewd incidents at bookstore
Salem police are looking for this man in connection with an alleged lewd incident at Barnes and Noble on Tuesday. (Courtesy)
SALEM – Salem detectives are investigating several incidents of indecent exposure and lewd activity in the Barnes and Noble store on South Broadway and are asking for the public's help in identifying the most recent suspect.
“There have been three documented incidents since June with what detectives believe are three different suspects,” said Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten. “The latest incident occurred this past Tuesday.”
In the latest incident, a woman said she was sitting on the floor reading at the bookstore around 7 p.m. on Tuesday when an unfamiliar, older white male with tan shorts and curly grayish hair approached her.
The woman said the man knelt down next to her, exposed himself, and began masturbating, according to Patten.
“The victim said that she threw her book on the shelf and ran to find and employee,” said Patten.
The suspect then fled the store. Police have several photos of the suspect from the store and are asking anyone with information to contact Detective Robert Genest at (603) 890-2381.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 2
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 27
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917