Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Salem police ask for public's help after lewd incidents at bookstore
Salem police are looking for this man in connection with an alleged lewd incident at Barnes and Noble on Tuesday. (Courtesy)
SALEM – Salem detectives are investigating several incidents of indecent exposure and lewd activity in the Barnes and Noble store on South Broadway and are asking for the public's help in identifying the most recent suspect.
“There have been three documented incidents since June with what detectives believe are three different suspects,” said Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten. “The latest incident occurred this past Tuesday.”
In the latest incident, a woman said she was sitting on the floor reading at the bookstore around 7 p.m. on Tuesday when an unfamiliar, older white male with tan shorts and curly grayish hair approached her.
The woman said the man knelt down next to her, exposed himself, and began masturbating, according to Patten.
“The victim said that she threw her book on the shelf and ran to find and employee,” said Patten.
The suspect then fled the store. Police have several photos of the suspect from the store and are asking anyone with information to contact Detective Robert Genest at (603) 890-2381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917