Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Salem police ask for public's help after lewd incidents at bookstore
SALEM – Salem detectives are investigating several incidents of indecent exposure and lewd activity in the Barnes and Noble store on South Broadway and are asking for the public's help in identifying the most recent suspect.
“There have been three documented incidents since June with what detectives believe are three different suspects,” said Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten. “The latest incident occurred this past Tuesday.”
In the latest incident, a woman said she was sitting on the floor reading at the bookstore around 7 p.m. on Tuesday when an unfamiliar, older white male with tan shorts and curly grayish hair approached her.
The woman said the man knelt down next to her, exposed himself, and began masturbating, according to Patten.
“The victim said that she threw her book on the shelf and ran to find and employee,” said Patten.
The suspect then fled the store. Police have several photos of the suspect from the store and are asking anyone with information to contact Detective Robert Genest at (603) 890-2381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 3
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424