Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
AG says Canterbury woman killed by trooper was drunk, had drugs in her system
Wendy Lawrence, 45, of Canterbury, was shot to death by Trooper Chad Lavoie after leading police on a chase from Concord to Manchester. Lawrence was killed near the intersection of Kennard Road and Dave Street in Manchester in a shooting Attorney General Joseph Foster deemed justified.
The autopsy report confirmed Lawrence was struck by four shots with a wound to the chest being fatal. The report released Friday revealed Lawrence had a blood alcohol level of .182, the legal limit in New Hampshire is .08. Traces of marijuana, Oxycodone and Prozac also were found.
According to court records, Lawrence had a history of drunk driving offenses.
After an investigation of the circumstances of the shooting, Foster concluded it was reasonable for Trooper Lavoie to believe Lawrence would have run him down had he not opened fire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Total Votes: 917