Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
AG says Canterbury woman killed by trooper was drunk, had drugs in her system
Wendy Lawrence, 45, of Canterbury, was shot to death by Trooper Chad Lavoie after leading police on a chase from Concord to Manchester. Lawrence was killed near the intersection of Kennard Road and Dave Street in Manchester in a shooting Attorney General Joseph Foster deemed justified.
The autopsy report confirmed Lawrence was struck by four shots with a wound to the chest being fatal. The report released Friday revealed Lawrence had a blood alcohol level of .182, the legal limit in New Hampshire is .08. Traces of marijuana, Oxycodone and Prozac also were found.
According to court records, Lawrence had a history of drunk driving offenses.
After an investigation of the circumstances of the shooting, Foster concluded it was reasonable for Trooper Lavoie to believe Lawrence would have run him down had he not opened fire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424