Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
AG says Canterbury woman killed by trooper was drunk, had drugs in her system
Wendy Lawrence, 45, of Canterbury, was shot to death by Trooper Chad Lavoie after leading police on a chase from Concord to Manchester. Lawrence was killed near the intersection of Kennard Road and Dave Street in Manchester in a shooting Attorney General Joseph Foster deemed justified.
The autopsy report confirmed Lawrence was struck by four shots with a wound to the chest being fatal. The report released Friday revealed Lawrence had a blood alcohol level of .182, the legal limit in New Hampshire is .08. Traces of marijuana, Oxycodone and Prozac also were found.
According to court records, Lawrence had a history of drunk driving offenses.
After an investigation of the circumstances of the shooting, Foster concluded it was reasonable for Trooper Lavoie to believe Lawrence would have run him down had he not opened fire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483