Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
AG says Canterbury woman killed by trooper was drunk, had drugs in her system
Wendy Lawrence, 45, of Canterbury, was shot to death by Trooper Chad Lavoie after leading police on a chase from Concord to Manchester. Lawrence was killed near the intersection of Kennard Road and Dave Street in Manchester in a shooting Attorney General Joseph Foster deemed justified.
The autopsy report confirmed Lawrence was struck by four shots with a wound to the chest being fatal. The report released Friday revealed Lawrence had a blood alcohol level of .182, the legal limit in New Hampshire is .08. Traces of marijuana, Oxycodone and Prozac also were found.
According to court records, Lawrence had a history of drunk driving offenses.
After an investigation of the circumstances of the shooting, Foster concluded it was reasonable for Trooper Lavoie to believe Lawrence would have run him down had he not opened fire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 1
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 13
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
- Total Votes: 917