Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Dispute over medication called trigger for man's attack on mother
In the aftermath of the alleged assault, police engaged in a three-hour manhunt for George that led to Derry and back to Salem. As a result of the incident, Salem High School and several schools in Derry were placed on a precautionary lockdown.
"Catherine complied and gave the medication to Thomas," Woidyla stated. "At this point, Thomas attacked her by stabbing her in the neck, leg, and hand. She stated that Thomas also hit her on the head with the hammer as she tried to defend herself."
After leaving the house, Thomas George allegedly drove to Derry, where he stole a car and drove back to Salem, leaving that vehicle in the Rockingham Park parking lot.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said detectives are continuing to investigate the incident and there could be additional charges brought against George.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members