Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Dispute over medication called trigger for man's attack on mother
In the aftermath of the alleged assault, police engaged in a three-hour manhunt for George that led to Derry and back to Salem. As a result of the incident, Salem High School and several schools in Derry were placed on a precautionary lockdown.
"Catherine complied and gave the medication to Thomas," Woidyla stated. "At this point, Thomas attacked her by stabbing her in the neck, leg, and hand. She stated that Thomas also hit her on the head with the hammer as she tried to defend herself."
After leaving the house, Thomas George allegedly drove to Derry, where he stole a car and drove back to Salem, leaving that vehicle in the Rockingham Park parking lot.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said detectives are continuing to investigate the incident and there could be additional charges brought against George.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424