Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Lucic, Krug score twice as B's top Sabres
Bruins left wing Milan Lucic celebrates his second goal of the night during the second period of Boston's 5-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres Wednesday night. (Kevin Hoffman/USA TODAY Sports)
Dougie Hamilton also scored for the Bruins, who won their third game in a row. Chad Johnson made 14 saves for Boston (6-2-0).
Lucic opened the scoring 10:59 into the first after a Jerome Iginla shot deflected off his skate. He had more of a hand in his second goal, which also came from an Iginla assist. Iginla found Lucic streaking toward the Buffalo net, and the two connected on a tap-in to put Boston up 2-0 just 40 seconds into the second period.
Krug gave the Bruins some breathing room 4:17 into the third period when he outmuscled Sabres forward Drew Stafford and slid the puck between Miller's legs. The goal gave Boston a 4-2 lead, and Krug increased the advantage to 5-2 five minutes later on a snap shot from the left circle.
Zadorov cut Boston's lead to one with just under five minutes left in the second on his first NHL goal. The impressive teenager cut through the right circle, skated around Boston winger Carl Soderberg and put a nifty backhand past Johnson. The goal came in just his second NHL game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child