Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Lucic, Krug score twice as B's top Sabres
Bruins left wing Milan Lucic celebrates his second goal of the night during the second period of Boston's 5-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres Wednesday night. (Kevin Hoffman/USA TODAY Sports)
Dougie Hamilton also scored for the Bruins, who won their third game in a row. Chad Johnson made 14 saves for Boston (6-2-0).
Lucic opened the scoring 10:59 into the first after a Jerome Iginla shot deflected off his skate. He had more of a hand in his second goal, which also came from an Iginla assist. Iginla found Lucic streaking toward the Buffalo net, and the two connected on a tap-in to put Boston up 2-0 just 40 seconds into the second period.
Krug gave the Bruins some breathing room 4:17 into the third period when he outmuscled Sabres forward Drew Stafford and slid the puck between Miller's legs. The goal gave Boston a 4-2 lead, and Krug increased the advantage to 5-2 five minutes later on a snap shot from the left circle.
Zadorov cut Boston's lead to one with just under five minutes left in the second on his first NHL goal. The impressive teenager cut through the right circle, skated around Boston winger Carl Soderberg and put a nifty backhand past Johnson. The goal came in just his second NHL game.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up