High School Soccer: Pinkerton locks up No. 2 seed with 2-0 win over Dover
The Astros finished with a record of 13-2-1, the best ever mark for a Pinkerton girls' squad according to head coach Stephen Gundrum.
“We're a young team and the tendency with younger players I've found is that they ease up on the gas. They don't go for the jugular,” Gundrum said. “We didn't put this team away. But they're a very good defensive team. They make it difficult to score. But we got two (goals) and we're happy.”
Unbeaten powerhouse Exeter (15-0-0 and ranked No. 1 in the country) is the top seed in Division I.
Derryfield 12, Portsmouth Christian Academy 0: At Manchester, freshman Gabi Brummett scored seven goals to lead the way. Emma Garfield (goal, two assists), Taylor Huxtable, Chloe Warner, Margaret Ives and Katelyn Mullikin added solo tallies for Derryfield (14-1-0). Cam Huftalen made one save in the shutout.
Bedford 3, Manchester Central 0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-13): At Manchester, Sadhana Tadepalli (five aces, 15 assists), Hannah Koehler (eight aces, seven kills) and Abby Guerra (five aces, 10 digs) led Bedford (13-5).
Pembroke 3, Goffstown 1: At Pembroke, Justus Turk broke a 1-1 tie in the 73rd minute and Aaron Locke added an insurance goal for Pembroke. Spencer Nowe had given Pembroke a 1-0 lead in the 10th minute before Jacob Gagnon scored for Goffstown in the 25th minute. Salem 5, Bishop Guertin 0: At Salem Tuesday, Todd Righini scored a hat trick just 14 minutes into the game. Bryant Borges and Jake DiTore added goals for the 9-6 Blue Devils.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's rush: A careless dash from Manchester - 10
- UNH's good name: Administration fights for it - 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wall Street gains on GDP data; indexes post strong week - 0
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards online - 0
- High School Roundup: Trinity boys top Concord - 0
- Talib's grit, swagger endear him to Pats - 0
- NEGTC girls top notch in meet - 0
- Manchester’s Grauslys swims in nationals - 0
- Monarchs romp past Portland - 0
- Bedford girls in midseason form - 0
- Londonderry on the mark - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Drug addicts driving spike in robberies
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
In-flight phones: Let the market decide
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840