High School Soccer: Pinkerton locks up No. 2 seed with 2-0 win over Dover
The Astros finished with a record of 13-2-1, the best ever mark for a Pinkerton girls' squad according to head coach Stephen Gundrum.
“We're a young team and the tendency with younger players I've found is that they ease up on the gas. They don't go for the jugular,” Gundrum said. “We didn't put this team away. But they're a very good defensive team. They make it difficult to score. But we got two (goals) and we're happy.”
Unbeaten powerhouse Exeter (15-0-0 and ranked No. 1 in the country) is the top seed in Division I.
Derryfield 12, Portsmouth Christian Academy 0: At Manchester, freshman Gabi Brummett scored seven goals to lead the way. Emma Garfield (goal, two assists), Taylor Huxtable, Chloe Warner, Margaret Ives and Katelyn Mullikin added solo tallies for Derryfield (14-1-0). Cam Huftalen made one save in the shutout.
Bedford 3, Manchester Central 0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-13): At Manchester, Sadhana Tadepalli (five aces, 15 assists), Hannah Koehler (eight aces, seven kills) and Abby Guerra (five aces, 10 digs) led Bedford (13-5).
Pembroke 3, Goffstown 1: At Pembroke, Justus Turk broke a 1-1 tie in the 73rd minute and Aaron Locke added an insurance goal for Pembroke. Spencer Nowe had given Pembroke a 1-0 lead in the 10th minute before Jacob Gagnon scored for Goffstown in the 25th minute. Salem 5, Bishop Guertin 0: At Salem Tuesday, Todd Righini scored a hat trick just 14 minutes into the game. Bryant Borges and Jake DiTore added goals for the 9-6 Blue Devils.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats looking for quicker start against Miami - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 2
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats need to avoid the drama - 0
- Brady to suspicious Texan: Pats 'just played better' - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not half bad - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840