Home » News » Public Safety
ConVal student removed after bringing loaded gun to campus
PETERBORUGH — A Contoocook Valley Regional High School student was removed from school Wednesday afternoon after he brought a loaded handgun to campus.
Police responded to ConVal around 1:15 p.m. after school administration reported that staff had just received information about a 14-year-old high school student who was in possession of a handgun, Peterborough police said in a press release Wednesday.“Officers from the Peterborough Police Department responded to the high school where police and school administration confronted the student and found that he was in possession of a loaded handgun. Police seized the gun and took the student into custody, ” police said. The student was immediately removed from the school property,
Because of his age, the student is being treated as a juvenile under state law.
Police said they have no information at this time that “the student had threatened anyone, brandished the firearm, acted aggressively or overtly.”
The case remains under investigation, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072