Home » News » Public Safety
ConVal student removed after bringing loaded gun to campus
PETERBORUGH — A Contoocook Valley Regional High School student was removed from school Wednesday afternoon after he brought a loaded handgun to campus.
Police responded to ConVal around 1:15 p.m. after school administration reported that staff had just received information about a 14-year-old high school student who was in possession of a handgun, Peterborough police said in a press release Wednesday.“Officers from the Peterborough Police Department responded to the high school where police and school administration confronted the student and found that he was in possession of a loaded handgun. Police seized the gun and took the student into custody, ” police said. The student was immediately removed from the school property,
Because of his age, the student is being treated as a juvenile under state law.
Police said they have no information at this time that “the student had threatened anyone, brandished the firearm, acted aggressively or overtly.”
The case remains under investigation, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'