Home » News » Public Safety
Ceremony for Weare's new police chief set for Saturday
WEARE — The town's new police chief will be sworn in during a special ceremony Saturday.According to Town Administrator Naomi Bolton, newly named Police Chief John Velleca will be sworn in at 3 p.m. at the Weare Middle School Cafetorium. Following the ceremony there will be a reception so that members of the public can meet Velleca and his family.
John Velleca, a 20-year veteran of the New Haven, Conn. police department has been hired to replace Chief Gregory Begin who retired in May. His appointment was made earlier this month after a lengthy search process.
— Nancy Bean Foster, Union Leader Correspondent
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072