Home » News » Public Safety
Garage, car burn in Hanover blaze
The officer could see the flames in the area of Thompson Terrace and called the fire department. When the first crews arrived just after 7:30 p.m., a detached garage at 10 Brook Road was completely in flames.
Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control, however, the building and a car inside were destroyed.
The cause is under investigation, but it is not believed to be suspicious, according to a news release issued by the Hanover Fire Department. No one was injured.
Assisting firefighters were fire crews from Hartford, Vt. and Lebanon, as well as Hanover police. Firefighters from Norwich, Vt. and Lyme covered the fire station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief