Home » News » Public Safety
Detached garage, car destroyed, but no one hurt in Hanover fire
The officer could see the flames in the area of Thompson Terrace and called the fire department. When the first crews arrived just after 7:30 p.m., a detached garage at 10 Brook Road was completely engulfed in flames.Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control, however, the building and a car inside were destroyed.
Assisting firefighters were fire crews from Hartford, Vt., and Lebanon, as well as Hanover police. Firefighters from Norwich, Vt., and Lyme covered the fire station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
- State: Range of staffing issues led to 'bad outcomes' at Lakeview NeuroRehabilitation - 0
- Driver loses control, crashes into four vehicles at Hudson auto body shop - 0
- Chester man taken to hospital for mental health evaulation - 1
- Tilton selectman volunteers to be shocked with Taser - 4
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 6
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 2
- NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Preview: Memorial, Central look to be in the mix again - 0
- Innovations abound at UNH event - 0
- Rinne wins duel with Rask as Predators edge Bruins - 0
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Monarchs head to Portland Wednesday - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Pembroke girls rally to win - 0
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly