Home » News » Public Safety
Two seriously injured in Route 12 crash in Charlestown
Police responded to Route 12 north of Lover Lane Road at 7:27 a.m. after receiving numerous 911 calls reporting the head-on collision.
The Jeep was traveling southbound when it crossed over the center line and struck the northbound Oldsmobile head-on, police said.
Emergency workers from the Charlestown and Claremont fire departments as well as Vermont emergency workers from the Bellows Falls and Springfield fire departments were called to the scene and worked to extricate both drivers from their vehicles.
Charlestown Ambulance Services also assisted at the scene. New Hampshire Department of Transportation workers assisted with traffic control.
Charlestown police are investigating the cause of the crash in conjunction with state police.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is asked to call Officer Raymond Gosetti of the Charlestown Police Department at 826-5747.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'