Home » News » Public Safety
Two seriously injured in Route 12 crash in Charlestown
Police responded to Route 12 north of Lover Lane Road at 7:27 a.m. after receiving numerous 911 calls reporting the head-on collision.
The Jeep was traveling southbound when it crossed over the center line and struck the northbound Oldsmobile head-on, police said.
Emergency workers from the Charlestown and Claremont fire departments as well as Vermont emergency workers from the Bellows Falls and Springfield fire departments were called to the scene and worked to extricate both drivers from their vehicles.
Charlestown Ambulance Services also assisted at the scene. New Hampshire Department of Transportation workers assisted with traffic control.
Charlestown police are investigating the cause of the crash in conjunction with state police.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is asked to call Officer Raymond Gosetti of the Charlestown Police Department at 826-5747.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
- Fire destroys Hanover home - 0
- Chester teen suffers serious injuries in dirt bike accident - 0
- AG continues investigation in search for missing Abby Hernandez - 0
- Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home - 0
- Boy, 14, injured in 20-foot fall in Allenstown - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 0
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers