Home » News » Public Safety
Two seriously injured in Route 12 crash in Charlestown
Police responded to Route 12 north of Lover Lane Road at 7:27 a.m. after receiving numerous 911 calls reporting the head-on collision.
The Jeep was traveling southbound when it crossed over the center line and struck the northbound Oldsmobile head-on, police said.
Emergency workers from the Charlestown and Claremont fire departments as well as Vermont emergency workers from the Bellows Falls and Springfield fire departments were called to the scene and worked to extricate both drivers from their vehicles.
Charlestown Ambulance Services also assisted at the scene. New Hampshire Department of Transportation workers assisted with traffic control.
Charlestown police are investigating the cause of the crash in conjunction with state police.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is asked to call Officer Raymond Gosetti of the Charlestown Police Department at 826-5747.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll