Home » News » Public Safety
Two seriously injured in Route 12 crash in Charlestown
Police responded to Route 12 north of Lover Lane Road at 7:27 a.m. after receiving numerous 911 calls reporting the head-on collision.
The Jeep was traveling southbound when it crossed over the center line and struck the northbound Oldsmobile head-on, police said.
Emergency workers from the Charlestown and Claremont fire departments as well as Vermont emergency workers from the Bellows Falls and Springfield fire departments were called to the scene and worked to extricate both drivers from their vehicles.
Charlestown Ambulance Services also assisted at the scene. New Hampshire Department of Transportation workers assisted with traffic control.
Charlestown police are investigating the cause of the crash in conjunction with state police.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is asked to call Officer Raymond Gosetti of the Charlestown Police Department at 826-5747.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer