Home » News » Public Safety
Two seriously injured in Route 12 crash in Charlestown
Police responded to Route 12 north of Lover Lane Road at 7:27 a.m. after receiving numerous 911 calls reporting the head-on collision.
The Jeep was traveling southbound when it crossed over the center line and struck the northbound Oldsmobile head-on, police said.
Emergency workers from the Charlestown and Claremont fire departments as well as Vermont emergency workers from the Bellows Falls and Springfield fire departments were called to the scene and worked to extricate both drivers from their vehicles.
Charlestown Ambulance Services also assisted at the scene. New Hampshire Department of Transportation workers assisted with traffic control.
Charlestown police are investigating the cause of the crash in conjunction with state police.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is asked to call Officer Raymond Gosetti of the Charlestown Police Department at 826-5747.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Dover woman charged after crash into Dover toll plaza - 2
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072