Home » News » Public Safety
Rockingham County considers user fees
The county commissioners proposed the fees as a way to fund upgrades to the dispatch center, but the idea has faced opposition from many police and fire officials in the county’s smaller communities.
It’s not known when the three commissioners will vote on the fee issue, but Tombarello, chairman of the Sandown Board of Selectmen, told Sandown Police Chief Joseph Gordon to add another $6,000 to next year’s proposed police budget just in case the fee is approved.
“My own personal view is this is a county function, and it should be part of the county budget process,” said Major, who heads the county delegation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 16
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Tiny Tim's delivery makes the show - 0
- Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration project - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072