Pinkerton is no longer at winter's mercy with Blizzard Bag program
The high school has spent about two years developing the program so students won’t miss assignments when they are forced to stay home because of snow storms, said Beverly Lannan, dean of faculty.
“At Pinkerton, we make sure we have all of our ducks in a row before we act on something,” she said.
“It’s going to affect their grade,” said Lavalley, who is co-chair of the Blizzard Bag Committee. “It’s just like a regular class assignment.”
“I think that was one of the key things that we wanted to have is that there was some consistency with what was going on in the classroom,” said Faszewski , the other co-chair of the Blizzard Bag Committee. “And by making sure that there was a couple of days’ notice, it would fit right in line with what the teachers were going to be doing in class at that time of year.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Regulatory overkill everywhere - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 33
- John Stossel: Earth Day is more like Earth Daze - 3
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'