Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Salem teen in custody after his mother is assaulted
According to police, Thomas George was taken into custody on Cluff Crossing Road in the later hours of the morning.
Salem High School and Pinkerton Academy in Derry were both put on lockdown as a precaution this morning as police searched for George. George had been a student at Pinkerton but is not cuirrently enrolled there, according to a school official.
Police were looking for a green Kia Sephia which was found in Derry. Police suspect George stole another car, which he left at Rockingham Park, before heading toward Cluff Crossing Road on foot.
During the search, police asked for the public's help, and Deputy Chief Shawn Patten stated George was armed with a knife and hammer and considered dangerous.
A spokesman at Pinkerton Academy said George attended the school for the last three years. He isn't presently enrolled as he withdrew last year, said Chip Underhill, Pinkerton's executive director of public affairs.
Pinkerton went into lockdown at 8:55 a.m. , when it was learned George had fled Salem after the alleged incident and was headed for Derry.
"It was announced, this was not a drill," Underhill said.
The high school was scheduled to hold a lockdown drill sometime this week, Underhill said. The lockdown ended 20 minutes later, Underhill said.
"We were extremely pleased by how the students and teacher responded to this actual event," Underhill said. "They locked the doors and stayed quiet."
Underhill said that he was sure some of the students were upset by the actual lockdown and will be discussing the incident.
(Union Leader Correspondent Hunter McGee also contributed to this story.)
Previous story follows:
SALEM - Police are looking for an 18-year-old man in connection with an attempted murder Thursday morning on Cluff Crossing Road.
Investigators said Thomas George fled the area in a green Kia Sophia with New Hampshire registration 317 1993 or 341 1012. The car has a U.S. Air Force sticker on the rear window.
Police considered George to be dangerous and believe he is armed with a knife and hammer.
Call 911 if you see him or the car.
Salem High School was put in a "precautionary lockdown" only Thursday morning because George has ties to the school, police said. Several police officers were assigned to the school to provide added security.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood - 1
- Judge lifts no-contact order - 0
- Suspected rioter faces felony charge in Keene - 3
- Hudson man charged with impersonating police officer - 1
- Fashion-conscience robber hits Rochester bank - 0
- Report: Student opens fire at Washington state high school; gunman reported dead - 3
- Accident results in DWI charge for Hudson man - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 16
- No murder charge in fatal stabbing of city man - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483