Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Salem teen in custody after his mother is assaulted
According to police, Thomas George was taken into custody on Cluff Crossing Road in the later hours of the morning.
Salem High School and Pinkerton Academy in Derry were both put on lockdown as a precaution this morning as police searched for George. George had been a student at Pinkerton but is not cuirrently enrolled there, according to a school official.
Police were looking for a green Kia Sephia which was found in Derry. Police suspect George stole another car, which he left at Rockingham Park, before heading toward Cluff Crossing Road on foot.
During the search, police asked for the public's help, and Deputy Chief Shawn Patten stated George was armed with a knife and hammer and considered dangerous.
A spokesman at Pinkerton Academy said George attended the school for the last three years. He isn't presently enrolled as he withdrew last year, said Chip Underhill, Pinkerton's executive director of public affairs.
Pinkerton went into lockdown at 8:55 a.m. , when it was learned George had fled Salem after the alleged incident and was headed for Derry.
"It was announced, this was not a drill," Underhill said.
The high school was scheduled to hold a lockdown drill sometime this week, Underhill said. The lockdown ended 20 minutes later, Underhill said.
"We were extremely pleased by how the students and teacher responded to this actual event," Underhill said. "They locked the doors and stayed quiet."
Underhill said that he was sure some of the students were upset by the actual lockdown and will be discussing the incident.
(Union Leader Correspondent Hunter McGee also contributed to this story.)
Previous story follows:
SALEM - Police are looking for an 18-year-old man in connection with an attempted murder Thursday morning on Cluff Crossing Road.
Investigators said Thomas George fled the area in a green Kia Sophia with New Hampshire registration 317 1993 or 341 1012. The car has a U.S. Air Force sticker on the rear window.
Police considered George to be dangerous and believe he is armed with a knife and hammer.
Call 911 if you see him or the car.
Salem High School was put in a "precautionary lockdown" only Thursday morning because George has ties to the school, police said. Several police officers were assigned to the school to provide added security.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom - 0
- Nashua couple's minivan stolen with toddler in back seat - 9
- Pelham store robbed Saturday - 0
- Woman charged with attacking fiancé, threatening him with a gun - 0
- Two months later, still no answers in killing near Stinson Lake - 0
- Man cited for OHRV use in wetland area in Stewartstown - 0
- $25M suit filed against jail, police by man paralyzed in custody - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown v. Shaheen: A tale of new polls - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
20140915-Adam Sandler reflects on his and Chris Farley’s firing from ‘SNL': ‘It hurt a lot’
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917