Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Manchester teacher accused of putting soap, pepper in student's mouth
Donna Varney, 54, of 15 Iron Horse Drive, Bedford, was indicted on three counts of simple assault by a grand jury sitting in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District.
She resigned her position as a special education teacher for grades 1 to 3 on June 30, according to Tracy Mancuso, administrative assistant to Manchester School District Superintendent Debra Livingston.
The incidents took place between Nov.1 and Dec. 30 of last year.
Assistant Hillsborough County Attorney Rose-Marie Balboni, the prosecutor assigned to the case, declined comment.
According to the indictments, which are class A misdemeanors that carry a maximum sentence of 2 to 5 years on each count, Varney is accused of knowingly causing unprivileged physical contact with the child when she put soap and pepper in the special education student's mouth and also flicked a book at the child's face.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reagan's would-be assassin granted more freedom - 0
- Drug addicts driving spike in robberies - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- No bail for Keene McLeod murder case - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 3
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 2
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 1
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 1
- Vandal caught on video slashing holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wall Street gains on GDP data; indexes post strong week - 0
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards online - 0
- High School Roundup: Trinity boys top Concord - 0
- Talib's grit, swagger endear him to Pats - 0
- NEGTC girls top notch in meet - 0
- Manchester’s Grauslys swims in nationals - 0
- Monarchs romp past Portland - 0
- Bedford girls in midseason form - 0
- Londonderry on the mark - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424