Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police officer’s day in court is delayed
George Wickson, 40, was expected to appear in Rockingham County Superior Court on Thursday to enter a plea on charges that he held a knife to the neck of a 22-year-old man and assaulted two other women during an off-duty incident on May 25.
Lavallee is expected to enter a not-guilty plea on Wickson’s behalf.
Those charges include two counts of simple assault, and single counts of criminal threatening and attempted simple assault for his alleged interactions with the two women.
Wickson has been suspended without pay from his job pending an internal investigation.
Court documents say Wickson grabbed the neck of a 22-year-old man in Newton, and said, “words to the effect of ‘shut up or I’ll slice you.’”
Lavallee said in a previous interview that the indictments do not paint an accurate picture of what went on.
“I’m not going to be able to make any particular comments on the allegations,” Lavallee said. “My client adamantly denies the charges. The grand jury is a secret, one-sided process, and I look forward to getting into court and beginning his defense in earnest.”
The criminal threatening charge is a class B felony punishable by up to 3½ to 7 years in prison and a $4,000 fine. The misdemeanor charges are each punishable by up to a year in county jail and a $2,000 fine.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483