Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Police officer’s day in court is delayed
George Wickson, 40, was expected to appear in Rockingham County Superior Court on Thursday to enter a plea on charges that he held a knife to the neck of a 22-year-old man and assaulted two other women during an off-duty incident on May 25.
Lavallee is expected to enter a not-guilty plea on Wickson’s behalf.
Those charges include two counts of simple assault, and single counts of criminal threatening and attempted simple assault for his alleged interactions with the two women.
Wickson has been suspended without pay from his job pending an internal investigation.
Court documents say Wickson grabbed the neck of a 22-year-old man in Newton, and said, “words to the effect of ‘shut up or I’ll slice you.’”
Lavallee said in a previous interview that the indictments do not paint an accurate picture of what went on.
“I’m not going to be able to make any particular comments on the allegations,” Lavallee said. “My client adamantly denies the charges. The grand jury is a secret, one-sided process, and I look forward to getting into court and beginning his defense in earnest.”
The criminal threatening charge is a class B felony punishable by up to 3½ to 7 years in prison and a $4,000 fine. The misdemeanor charges are each punishable by up to a year in county jail and a $2,000 fine.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483