Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Police officer’s day in court is delayed
George Wickson, 40, was expected to appear in Rockingham County Superior Court on Thursday to enter a plea on charges that he held a knife to the neck of a 22-year-old man and assaulted two other women during an off-duty incident on May 25.
Lavallee is expected to enter a not-guilty plea on Wickson’s behalf.
Those charges include two counts of simple assault, and single counts of criminal threatening and attempted simple assault for his alleged interactions with the two women.
Wickson has been suspended without pay from his job pending an internal investigation.
Court documents say Wickson grabbed the neck of a 22-year-old man in Newton, and said, “words to the effect of ‘shut up or I’ll slice you.’”
Lavallee said in a previous interview that the indictments do not paint an accurate picture of what went on.
“I’m not going to be able to make any particular comments on the allegations,” Lavallee said. “My client adamantly denies the charges. The grand jury is a secret, one-sided process, and I look forward to getting into court and beginning his defense in earnest.”
The criminal threatening charge is a class B felony punishable by up to 3½ to 7 years in prison and a $4,000 fine. The misdemeanor charges are each punishable by up to a year in county jail and a $2,000 fine.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?