Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
ConVal student could face charges for gun incident
Peterborough Police Chief Scott Guinard said Thursday the incident is a juvenile matter and he would not discuss what specific charges are being filed against the 14-year-old Peterborough resident.
Six police officers responded to the high school Wednesday at 1:15 p.m., Guinard said, and at that point it was unknown whether the gun was loaded or not.
The student was taken to the Peterborough police station as the investigation continued. He was released to his parents later in the evening hours, Guinard said.
“The individual will be held accountable under New Hampshire law,” Guinard said.
“When they were down there they were joined by members of Peterborough police,” Minnihan said.The class was just getting out so as students left, the student was told to stay in the room, he said. “The student had been isolated in the classroom.”
“The student is not in school. There are definite procedures that we would follow,” Minnihan said.
Minnihan said he could not talk about the student, but said the school district is bound by its own procedures as well as the state and federal Safe Schools Act.
In referring to the Safe Schools Act, Minnihan said, “In general terms when an individual brings a gun to school there is an expulsion hearing that takes place and generally there is an expulsion, but every case is different.”
Additionally, parents received a voice message alert to inform them about the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483