Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Defense in sex assault case seeks victim's cell phone
Riley is accused of sexually assaulting the 35-year-old man in a car while the two were at a Portsmouth parking lot last Nov. 2.
Riley claims, “that there were text messages and photos sent to (him) which would impeach statements (the man) has made to the police,” Soldati said in court papers.
Riley allegedly had the victim in his car following a Halloween-themed dance hosted at Living Innovations offices, located at 1950 Lafayette Road in Portsmouth.
Riley allegedly showed nude pictures of himself kept on his cell phone to the victim, police said.
Prosecutors have told the defense that Portsmouth police never asked for or viewed the man’s cell phone.
“The defendant has a right to a ‘public’ trial and the pleadings in this case are public records,” Solidati said in a court motion. He argued that the state had no legal authority to pursue sealing the defense’s motion seeking evidence in the case.
The kidnapping carries a potential 3½- to 7-year prison term.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stealing wine threatens clerk of Manchester 7-Eleven with knife - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 1
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- 3 men arrested for burglarizing car dealer - 0
- Alleged lip-biter faces more charges - 0
- Child left unattended while trio overdosed on heroin - 3
- Compounding company officials charged with murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Two arrestesd for allegedly scamming motorists buying gas in Rochester - 0
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 0
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
After Newtown: A gun rights revival
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483