Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Defense in sex assault case seeks victim's cell phone
Riley is accused of sexually assaulting the 35-year-old man in a car while the two were at a Portsmouth parking lot last Nov. 2.
Riley claims, “that there were text messages and photos sent to (him) which would impeach statements (the man) has made to the police,” Soldati said in court papers.
Riley allegedly had the victim in his car following a Halloween-themed dance hosted at Living Innovations offices, located at 1950 Lafayette Road in Portsmouth.
Riley allegedly showed nude pictures of himself kept on his cell phone to the victim, police said.
Prosecutors have told the defense that Portsmouth police never asked for or viewed the man’s cell phone.
“The defendant has a right to a ‘public’ trial and the pleadings in this case are public records,” Solidati said in a court motion. He argued that the state had no legal authority to pursue sealing the defense’s motion seeking evidence in the case.
The kidnapping carries a potential 3½- to 7-year prison term.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Seabrook nuclear power plant discussion continues on concrete degradation - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424