Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
AG investigates how man seeking psychiatric care came to be paralyzed while in custody
Ornelas came back to Elliot Hospital by ambulance from Hillsborough County jail in serious condition with a broken neck. He was transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston where he has been in the intensive care unit on a breathing tube for the last week, family members said.
The Attorney General's office will work with Hillsborough County Attorney's office and state police on the probe. It will begin once an investigative team is assembled, she said.
On Monday, Dionne said he was conducting an investigation and creating a timeline of events since Fern Ornelas was brought to Elliot Hospital emergency department the night of Oct. 15 for a mental health episode until the county jail sent him back to Elliot by ambulance sometime between 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 17.
Family members claim county corrections, police and Elliot have neither provided them nor MGH with information about when and how Fern Ornelas' neck was broken.
Pappas said commissioners would have to vote as a body to set a deadline on when Dionne must present the findings of his internal investigation and timeline to them.
Fern Ornelas is accused of attacking an Elliot security officer about 7:25 p.m. Oct. 16. He was a patient in the Elliot secure psychiatric evaluation unit waiting for a bed to open at New Hampshire Hospital, the state's acute psychiatric hospital.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Mother asks judge for a break in her bail - 0
- Wakefield woman helps track alleged burglars - 0
- Three get prison for passing bad checks at Tilton outlets - 0
- Inmate indicted in 2009 kidnapping, rape of woman - 0
- Smuggling drugs into Berlin prison an escalating problem - 0
- Assistant AG cites suspended County Attorney Reams' 'shocking behavior' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
- Retail sales up but stocks drop - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424