Presents for Food Pantry
Birthday celebration offers chance to help Newton neighbors
When she celebrated her 9th birthday this month, Emma asked her guests to bring canned goods for the local food pantry instead.
The birthday girl from Newton collected more than 100 items that she planned to deliver to the Newton Town Hall Thursday night. The donation will help keep the shelves stocked at the food pantry.
Emma said this was the first time she’s asked for food donations for her birthday, but she has twice donated hair to the Locks of Love, a nonprofit organization that provides hairpieces to disadvantaged children experiencing hair loss from medical conditions.
Her parents, Dale and Kara, were surprised, too.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.