Bedford advances in tourney
With the win, the seventh-seeded Bulldogs (7-5-3) advanced to play second-seeded Pinkerton on Friday at 3:30 p.m. in Derry.
Bedford got on the board first with a goal by Laura Costes, assisted by Hannah Crocutt.
Finally Abby Swenson was able to beat Bedford goalie Paige Noble and tie it 1-1.
“When they scored that goal, we were bunching” said Bedford coach Steve Connors. “Once we bunch, we lose control of the ball.”
“Our game plan is to get bigger once we have the ball” said Connors. “Once we start spreading the field, we moved the ball into their end.”
Central coach Bill Larkins was upbeat after the game. “This is our first playoff appearance in eight years. I’m very proud of this team.“These girls worked very hard to get to this place. They left everything out on the field today” said Larkins.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 7
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 1
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 3
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options