Bedford advances in tourney
With the win, the seventh-seeded Bulldogs (7-5-3) advanced to play second-seeded Pinkerton on Friday at 3:30 p.m. in Derry.
Bedford got on the board first with a goal by Laura Costes, assisted by Hannah Crocutt.
Finally Abby Swenson was able to beat Bedford goalie Paige Noble and tie it 1-1.
“When they scored that goal, we were bunching” said Bedford coach Steve Connors. “Once we bunch, we lose control of the ball.”
“Our game plan is to get bigger once we have the ball” said Connors. “Once we start spreading the field, we moved the ball into their end.”
Central coach Bill Larkins was upbeat after the game. “This is our first playoff appearance in eight years. I’m very proud of this team.“These girls worked very hard to get to this place. They left everything out on the field today” said Larkins.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice