Home » News » Public Safety
East Kingston police corporal resigns from department in wake of trusty case
Cpl. Mark Iannuccillo resigned effective Sept. 30.
Selectmen accepted the resignation letter but did not release it publicly.
Cheryll Hurteau, town office manager, said the letter is part of Iannuccillo’s personnel file and that selectmen were advised by the town’s attorney not to release it.
The Attorney General’s Office announced in August that a criminal investigation was being done to determine whether any members of the police department could be held criminally liable following the burglary that occurred on May 11.
Brisbois, 20, has been indicted on charges he broke into the evidence room, stole heroin and later brought it back to the jail.
Simpson and Iannuccillo were put on leave around the same time that the Attorney General’s Office began its probe, but Associate Attorney General Jane Young has said that doesn’t necessarily mean they are the ones being targeted.
Young said Tuesday that the investigation by her office is “still ongoing.”
Meanwhile, selectmen have hired Municipal Resources Inc. (MRI) to manage and coordinate policing services as the town conducts its investigation.
Cook said the town continues to work with MRI as the police department is reorganized.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters