Home » News » Public Safety
Wounded police officers' suit in Greenland shootout gets one more chance from judge
Greenland police Chief Michael Maloney pulled one of the wounded officers to safety before being shot and killed by Mutrie. Cullen Mutrie then killed his girlfriend, Brittany Tibbets, and turned the gun on himself, ending an hours-long standoff.
The lawsuit does not name the officers, but they have been identified by authorities as Newmarket Detective Scott Kukesh, University of New Hampshire Detective Eric Kulberg, Rochester Detective Jeremiah Murphy, and Dover Detective Gregory Turner.
Donald Smith, a lawyer who represents Beverly Mutrie, said the report by the Greenland Review Commission already makes clear that the handgun used by Cullen Mutrie to shoot the four officers — a .357 magnum revolver — was bought by Tibbets at a Manchester gun show.
McHugh denied Smith's latest argued to dismiss the lawsuit on Oct. 3.
The officers argue that Beverly Mutrie's control over the trust gives them grounds to hold her legally responsible. The officer's allege she knew of her son's drug activities and allowed crimes to occur.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 5
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 6
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection