Home » News » Public Safety
Wounded police officers' suit in Greenland shootout gets one more chance from judge
Greenland police Chief Michael Maloney pulled one of the wounded officers to safety before being shot and killed by Mutrie. Cullen Mutrie then killed his girlfriend, Brittany Tibbets, and turned the gun on himself, ending an hours-long standoff.
The lawsuit does not name the officers, but they have been identified by authorities as Newmarket Detective Scott Kukesh, University of New Hampshire Detective Eric Kulberg, Rochester Detective Jeremiah Murphy, and Dover Detective Gregory Turner.
Donald Smith, a lawyer who represents Beverly Mutrie, said the report by the Greenland Review Commission already makes clear that the handgun used by Cullen Mutrie to shoot the four officers — a .357 magnum revolver — was bought by Tibbets at a Manchester gun show.
McHugh denied Smith's latest argued to dismiss the lawsuit on Oct. 3.
The officers argue that Beverly Mutrie's control over the trust gives them grounds to hold her legally responsible. The officer's allege she knew of her son's drug activities and allowed crimes to occur.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain