Home » News » Public Safety
Police grant for bulletproof vests gets Derry council’s support
Town councilors voted last week to accept the personal body armor funding of $2,762.50 that will pay for half the cost of 13 vests. Derry Police Chief Ed Garone said every patrolman in Derry is required to wear a vest and that he also occasionally wears one.
“So, anticipating our needs over the next several years, we were able to predict the number of replacement vests we will need to purchase, Feole said. “The grant authorizes reimbursement by the U.S. Department of Justice for costs up to 50 percent of the purchase price.”
The award may be used for National Institute of Justice compliant armored vests.
The department also recently received an award for the purchase of portable radios from the state. Feole said the radios will be used to replace existing radios.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072