Plaistow looking ahead to inevitable snow days
Superintendent Earl Metzler said the district is looking at plans and conducting a survey of parents, students and teachers to determine the feasibility of the program, which would count snow days as regular school days if a certain percentage of students complete the prescribed amount of work.
If 80 percent of the students in the district complete the assignments handed out for the snow days, then it qualifies as a day of school and an additional day is not added to the end of the school year.
The deadline for the application to the state to take part in the program this year is Nov. 1. Depending on how things go over the next week or so, Metzler said the district could be ready to apply for this year or wait until next year.
Doing it right means the survey is completed, there is support from all the stakeholders, and the School Board has approved an attendance policy tied to the Blizzard Bag program.
School Board member Peter Bealo said he read about the Blizzard Bag program a little over a year ago.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic change Wednesday for Keene State move-in day - 0
- Historic Blair Bridge in Campton reopened - 1
- Creative ways to finance rail in NH pushed - 12
- Hudson grapples with traffic concerns as industrial park grows - 0
- Nashua transportation roundtable event canceled - 0
- Crews making progress on Derry's Rockingham Road - 1
- Crews make progress sprucing up Derry's Abbott Court, Central Court - 0
- Nashua aldermen asked to prioritize paving needs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 2
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester carpenter, 51, arraigned in Nashua child sexual assault - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children