Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Greenland man who allegedly threatened police pleads guilty to weapons charges
Joshua Nieves, 27, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to charges of felon in possession of a weapon and a felony drug charge as part of a negotiated deal that should send him to state prison for 2½ to 5 years.
His negotiated plea deal includes a suspended 3½ to 7-year prison term on one of the weapons convictions, which could be imposed if he violates his parole.
Deputy County Attorney Tom Reid said Tuesday that tips about Nieves' weapons collection first led them to believe he was keeping a MAC-10 covered in a blanket in his car.
"It was simply a 9mm semi-automatic. It was not even in the same company of the MAC-10," Reid said.
Nieves, who has a 2004 robbery conviction, was making troubling statements to people who later tipped off police, according to court records.
Police also found Nieves in possession of pills containing Lorazepam, Reid said.
His lawyer Charles Bookman asked for a sentencing hearing to happen at a later date so his client would have time to get his affairs in order before being sent to state prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424