Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Greenland man who allegedly threatened police pleads guilty to weapons charges
Joshua Nieves, 27, of Greenland appeared in Rockingham County Superior Court on Tuesday and pleaded guilty to weapons and drug charges. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
Joshua Nieves, 27, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to charges of felon in possession of a weapon and a felony drug charge as part of a negotiated deal that should send him to state prison for 2½ to 5 years.
His negotiated plea deal includes a suspended 3½ to 7-year prison term on one of the weapons convictions, which could be imposed if he violates his parole.
Deputy County Attorney Tom Reid said Tuesday that tips about Nieves' weapons collection first led them to believe he was keeping a MAC-10 covered in a blanket in his car.
"It was simply a 9mm semi-automatic. It was not even in the same company of the MAC-10," Reid said.
Nieves, who has a 2004 robbery conviction, was making troubling statements to people who later tipped off police, according to court records.
Police also found Nieves in possession of pills containing Lorazepam, Reid said.
His lawyer Charles Bookman asked for a sentencing hearing to happen at a later date so his client would have time to get his affairs in order before being sent to state prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483