Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Greenland man who allegedly threatened police pleads guilty to weapons charges
Joshua Nieves, 27, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to charges of felon in possession of a weapon and a felony drug charge as part of a negotiated deal that should send him to state prison for 2½ to 5 years.
His negotiated plea deal includes a suspended 3½ to 7-year prison term on one of the weapons convictions, which could be imposed if he violates his parole.
Deputy County Attorney Tom Reid said Tuesday that tips about Nieves' weapons collection first led them to believe he was keeping a MAC-10 covered in a blanket in his car.
"It was simply a 9mm semi-automatic. It was not even in the same company of the MAC-10," Reid said.
Nieves, who has a 2004 robbery conviction, was making troubling statements to people who later tipped off police, according to court records.
Police also found Nieves in possession of pills containing Lorazepam, Reid said.
His lawyer Charles Bookman asked for a sentencing hearing to happen at a later date so his client would have time to get his affairs in order before being sent to state prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 3
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 2
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 1
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 1
- Vandal caught on video slashing holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 4
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- 35 years for Grantham man who killed wife over her affair with former student - 2
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 7
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man charged with driving 115 mph on I-93 - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- Tilton police search for store robber - 0
- Busy Executive Council confirms judges, PUC commissioner, approves renewable energy grants - 1
- State declares "Air Quality Action Day" in Monadnock region - 0
- Hannaford opening in vacant Stop & Shop building in Exeter - 0
- Charlestown family hospitalized after fire - 0
- Police identify victim of fatal Milford crash as Merrimack man - 0
- Celtics trade rumors grow quiet - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Drug addicts driving spike in robberies
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424