Grateful Londonderry High School teens invite veterans to breakfast
On Nov. 9, Londonderry High School’s Pay It Forward Club will host a free breakfast for area veterans.
Club adviser Katie Sullivan said members held a similar event two years ago but were unable to do so last year due to lack of funding.
“One of my fondest memories is seeing my kids chatting with World War II veterans and hearing their stories,” Sullivan said. “You just can’t put a price on those moments.”
New Hampshire First Bank, one of the club’s longtime sponsors, will also be lending a hand with the event, while the family of former club member Jackie Geisler also donated money.
Sullivan said she and the teens have been working closely with the local American Legion to spread word of the upcoming breakfast. Immediately following the meal, club members plan on escorting the veterans to the parade’s starting point, with golf carts available for those who have difficulty walking.
Club members also will be baking muffins and tea breads to share with their guests.The veterans breakfast will take place Nov. 9 from 8 to 10 a.m. in the Londonderry High School cafeteria. Breakfast is free to all veterans, and each veteran may bring one guest. Additional guests are welcome for a small donation.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.