Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Cardinals no strangers to World Series
They’re just here to play baseball, folks. Well-groomed, respect for the game, youngsters thankful for the opportunity and an aging star worth rooting for in Carlos Beltran, whom you may remember as the guy who took that called third strike from Adam Wainwright in what feels like another lifetime ago.
That’s all put away for the winter. But if you’re still jonesing for something silly or sensational, all this World Series has to offer along those lines is the Red Sox’s unnatural obsession with facial hair. And really, what’s there to say about that? After a few ZZ Top references, it gets old fast.
So what happened next? Chaos? Anarchy? Not quite.
With a rotation anchored by Wainwright and Michael Wacha, a lineup powered by Molina, Beltran and Matt Holliday, and a bullpen stocked with flamethrowers, including newbie closer Trevor Rosenthal, this is not some flavor of the month.
Contact David Lennon at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 8
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0