Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Cardinals no strangers to World Series
They’re just here to play baseball, folks. Well-groomed, respect for the game, youngsters thankful for the opportunity and an aging star worth rooting for in Carlos Beltran, whom you may remember as the guy who took that called third strike from Adam Wainwright in what feels like another lifetime ago.
That’s all put away for the winter. But if you’re still jonesing for something silly or sensational, all this World Series has to offer along those lines is the Red Sox’s unnatural obsession with facial hair. And really, what’s there to say about that? After a few ZZ Top references, it gets old fast.
So what happened next? Chaos? Anarchy? Not quite.
With a rotation anchored by Wainwright and Michael Wacha, a lineup powered by Molina, Beltran and Matt Holliday, and a bullpen stocked with flamethrowers, including newbie closer Trevor Rosenthal, this is not some flavor of the month.
Contact David Lennon at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Longview School science teacher lauded - 0
- ConVal students get a taste of Hollywood - 0
- Manchester school superintendent's contract renewed in secret session - 5
- Salem teachers, school board agree to two-year contract - 2
- Hillside Middle School is state winner in Samsung science contest - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 10
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 1
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained