Northern Pass: North Country resort's claims 'wrong'
"Publicly available data clearly shows that the resort has suffered the effects of a deep recession that began well before the Northern Pass project, significantly impacting the New Hampshire real estate market," they wrote. "It is unfortunate that Owl's Nest, like many others across our state and the rest of the country, has been impacted by this economic downturn."
"This 2007 agreement expressly recognized PSNH's right to construct and install additional transmission lines, poles, towers, and related electric transmission equipment and facilities within the power line right-of-way; a provision that Owl's Nest was fully aware of," according to Northern Pass. "In this lawsuit, the owners of Owl's Nest claim that they were misled by PSNH about the terms of the 2007 agreement and its intended use. This claim is not only untrue, but is incredible in light of the clear language of the 2007 agreement."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 0
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 18
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'