Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Derry town administrator John Anderson agrees to step down
The Town Council voted, 6-1, last Tuesday night not to renew Anderson's contract after it expires on Oct. 25, pending receipt of the signed separation agreement. Counselor Mark Osborne was the lone councilor to vote in opposition.
Budreau has refused to comment on the separation agreement beyond a two-paragraph statement issued after last week's council meeting.
Reached by phone Monday, Rosenberg said another attorney is representing Anderson in the matter with the town. Rosenberg referred inquiries to attorney Kevin Leonard, who couldn't be reached for comment.
Other councilors have also refused to comment.
Following the alleged incident last summer, the Derry Town Council voted in nonpublic session to stop paying Anderson pending the outcome of a meeting with him. But after meeting last month with Anderson and his former attorney Cornelius Sullivan in a closed-door session, the council took no action and voted to seal the minutes.
"Whatever happened, happened in the privacy of Mr. Anderson's home," Sullivan said.
Anderson has remained on administrative leave since July 12, the day after the alleged incident at his house.
The salesman told police that he was working in the neighborhood on July 11. He approached Anderson's house, knocked on the door, but no one answered. As he was leaving, he said he noticed an arm extending out the door and waving him back, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 3
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424