Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Hillsborough County jail officials investigating cause of Elliott Hospital patient’s injuries
Dionne said he is conducting an internal investigation and developing a time line of the events that began about 7:25 p.m. when Ornelas, 54, of Manchester allegedly grew agitated, disrupting other patients at Elliot Hospital’s secure psychiatric evaluation unit, which is part of its emergency department.
As part of the jail intake process, Ornelas was seen by a nurse, who noticed “his face was all bruised and puffy,” Dionne said.
The nurse checked on Ornelas “some hours later” and she determined, in consultation with a staff physician, that he needed medical treatment beyond what jail staff could provide, Dionne said. Ornelas returned to Elliot Hospital’s emergency department about 9:30 a.m. Thursday, hospital spokeswoman Susanna Whitcher said.
She would not discuss his case further.
According to Whitcher, Ornelas initially arrived at Elliot’s emergency department Oct. 15.
Dionne said Ornelas remains in Hillsborough County House of Corrections’ custody while hospitalized. Once medically stable, he is expected to be released back to the Manchester jail, then be arraigned in court. He said it’s possible a judge may request a bedside arraignment.
“No staff members attacked him,” Dionne said.
Ornelas has been a member of Derryfield Country Club for many years, the club’s golf professional Mike Ryan said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police accuse man of trying to sell guitars, amps taken in Manchester burglary - 0
- Mother and child startled by late-night intruder in their Manchester living room - 0
- Hollis police use stun gun on man described as unruly - 1
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 2
- Salem man seeks sentence reduction in infant abuse case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 0
- Hollis police say stun gun needed on ‘unruly’ man - 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917